4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radio fuse?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruiserdude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:36    Post subject: Radio fuse? Reply with quote

The radio on my cruiser has blown the power no permenent live or switch live  Sad   I,ve checked all the fuses. It had blown the cig fuse and i have replaced it but still no power. Does anyone know of any hidden fuses for the radio? Helpppppppppp
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

the radio/cd player fuse is combined with the ciggy lighter ..if that works and your radio/cd player don't looks like the radio is up the swanny ...sorry Crying or Very sad  ..but saying that there may be an inline fuse fitted near the rear of the radio itself ..take the thing out  to check with a couple of wires to the battery ..  it shouldn;t be too expensive to repair i hope ..
cruiserdude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Bushbury Wolf.
I have taken out the radio , tested the wires but cannot find a +pos or a +pos from the ignition either. Cannot see any inline fuses. Do you know where abouts the amplifier would be situated?
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry cruisedude i haven't a clue ..just says how to remove the radio  in my haynes manual..but i should imagine it will be in the vicinity of the radio itself ..maybe behind the glovebox ..sorry
cruiserdude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply  Bushbury,
I've made arrangements to take it in and get it sorted    Rolling Eyes      . More expense Sad
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLD UP  A SECOND ..  i have looked in my handbook and there IS a  seperate fuse for the radio inside the bulkhead fuse box ..NO. 13 ......next to the hazard warning light fuse NO.14 ..it's the first one in the line ..check that first cruiserdude ..the other fuse serves the ciggy lighter too ..i hope this helps  Very Happy
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 14:59    Post subject: fuse Reply with quote

hi ive just done an install on mine i you have two fuse our man has already mentioned but on my lc 80 i found an inline fuse up under the dash by the steering wheel shaft
also the factory amp on the 80s anyway is in the boot behind the factory sub speaker thats in the boot
(behind the trim on the right hand side as you open the boot)
i dont know if the inline fuse i found is factory or not hope thats of some help to you mate Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: