All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The Bushpig's Bushpig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushpig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44    Post subject: The Bushpig's Bushpig Reply with quote

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/Bushpig_photos/BushpigsBushpig004.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/Bushpig_photos/BushpigsBushpig010.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/Bushpig_photos/TheTree.jpg

Last edited by Bushpig on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00; edited 3 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bushpig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 16:08    Post subject: The Bushpig's Bushpig Reply with quote

My apologies for the mess-up.
Please see the post above.

Cheers,
Bushpig

Last edited by Bushpig on Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:07; edited 1 time in total
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photo has gone as well!
Bushpig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 17:55    Post subject: The Bushpig's Bushpig Reply with quote

Hello there Willy,

I made a bit of a mess learning how to upload photos---------the photo is in the initial posting above the deleted message.

Cheers,

The old Bushpig
Bushpig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:04    Post subject: Photo problems Reply with quote

I thought that I had done something wrong as I could see my photo at first and then the message came up, 'Image not available'.
However, after reading the FAQ section, it looks like I haven't been a member long enough or haven't met certain criteria yet.

Hopefully it won't be too long till I can put my Pig up for viewing.

Old Bushpig

1994 1HD-T 80 VX Turbo diesel.
Bushpig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05    Post subject: Photo problems Reply with quote

At last!

Hell, I was becoming increasingly frustrated, but have finally worked out how to post photos.

It's hard to teach an old bushpig new tricks! Thanks to Simon for straightening me out.

My apologies once again for the hassle.

Bushpig
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking outfit. What do you use your car for? I mean is it a 'fun' vehicle or do you need it for work/daily travel?

I bought mine as part of a lifestyle change; moved to the country, bought a field and am now growing trees, potatoes, rabbits and all that.

You probably face a more rugged environment than is usual here - the worst we get is 2" of snow once a year. Even the field is special rapid draining topsoil so there is rarely any mud worth speaking about. However, the beast does it's job very nicely so no complaints.

Willy
Bushpig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Willy,

Your new lifestyle sound idyllic.

My truck is my everyday drive as well as being used for trips to Zimbabwe,  Botswana and Zambia.
Our most frequent trips are to Kariba through Zimbabwe where the bush is just beautiful.

I don't do rock climbing or competitive mud trials or anything like that, but some of the roads up North are quite wild, especially the deep sand trails from Maun in Botswana to Savuti and Kasane.

So I rigged the old pig up to be able to go just about anywhere without any worries.

I bought it new in 1994 and it's the most reliable and enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned.

I'm sure it will see me right until I shoot through.

All the best to you,

Bushpig
Graham Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bushpig

Nice looking car... but then I would say that as my car is the same - white 1994 VX Turbo. Very Happy  Very Happy
Did you import it into SA or was it a Toyota SA model?

Where did you get the bumper from? It looks robust and matches the car nicely.

Have fun getting up to Botswana and Zimb... if you havent been up to Namibia I can strongly recommend it.
van Zyls Pass

Have fun

www.sfo.me.uk

"Miranda":- 1994 HDJ80, Allisport Intercooler, Warn winch, ARB bullbar, OME suspension 6cm lift, Long Range tank, TJM Spare Wheel Carrier

"Dessie": Desert Wolf Lynx off-road trailer
Bushpig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there Graham,

Boy, that's some trip you did! I really enjoyed going through your photos.The video section said that it was no longer available.
And--------I like your car. Strange that we both have exactly the same vehicle, built in the same year and both UK versions.
Even the equipment is similar-------extra 150litre tank, Backrack spare wheel carrier, OME heavy duty springs + spacers front and back, OME castor kit, additional heavy duty oil cooler, Safari snorkel, Viair 150psi compressor, 285x75 BF Goodrich tyres, Arc short roofcarrier, S/S custom mesh grille. Engel 60litre fridge/freezer.

Mine was imported from the UK and the bumper is my own design (5mm. steel) as I wanted the hitch to sit where it is.
We've never been to Namibia, but plan a trip next year up through Botswana and then across from Kasane, West and down the coast, shooting off to all the interesting places we've heard about.

Did you ship your car to Europe and then the top of Africa and drive all the way down?

Looking forward to doing it the opposite way one day, God willing!

Cheers,

Bushpig

"I find that when working under my bushpig, Wimbledon Pro wrist bands stop blood falling into my eyes"
Graham Smith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushpig wrote:

We've never been to Namibia, but plan a trip next year up through Botswana and then across from Kasane, West and down the coast, shooting off to all the interesting places we've heard about.

Did you ship your car to Europe and then the top of Africa and drive all the way down?

Hi Bushpig

If you go to Namibia, go North first. Kaokoveld and Damaraland are fantastic. I also recommend the Caprivi Strip, particularly Nambwe 4x4 Camp - pure wild paradise... Ngepi camp is always good for a shower in lovely surroundings... Namibia Diary

We live in Poole on the south coast, so took our local ferry to France, then another from Bari in Italy to Greece, then the ferry from Jordan to Egypt.
It was a great trip, and the children loved it!!!

Sorted the link for the Van Zyls pass, thanks van Zyls pass

All the bestNamibia Diary

www.sfo.me.uk

"Miranda":- 1994 HDJ80, Allisport Intercooler, Warn winch, ARB bullbar, OME suspension 6cm lift, Long Range tank, TJM Spare Wheel Carrier

"Dessie": Desert Wolf Lynx off-road trailer
Bushpig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the extra info Graham and for fixing the video,

That sure is one helluva pass! And pulling a trailer as well.

I've saved all your posts and info for future use.

Much appreciated.

Bushpig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: