Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My 120 is quite good in the snow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 15:58    Post subject: My 120 is quite good in the snow Reply with quote

Hello,
Still in Oslo, and the Norwegian winter is starting to bite.
It has snowed for several days, but the Norwegians have more snow ploughs than you can shake a stick at.
Yes, they are very efficient.

the 120 is rather good in the snow, I played with center lock, and then into LL and also engaged rear lock,
The little red light stopped flashing to tell me the read diff was locked.
I was in the car park with about a foot of snow, and it walked it no problem.
Safe to say the 120 will walk perhaps 18 inches before it bothers it.
What i couldn't see, was any indicator light to tell be the center diff was locked.
I will ask on tech forum about that.

I took a drive up to Oslo Ski center, as there are some big carparks, and only 1 or 2 of them have been cleared.
So I looked for the one without the clearing!.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 15:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nice pictures, I'm jealous Smile
xpro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the snow today, or should i say ice, bad experience, but lc was very good, thank to LL mode i was able to downhill with no probs, in 1st gear slowly but surely while other cars just kept sliding into eachother.

Yea the amber light should be on when in center lock and red one when in diff lock mode. I took some pics for you to show you my cluster but for some reason im not allowed to post them here,

phil
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,
I look forward to the pic's

when you can
Wink
xpro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

there you go vette.

not a great pic tho, phone pic

uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Xpro for posting the image.
Like they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Now to see if my orange center diff light lights up. - I can't say I have seen it !

If I am driving in a strait line at say 40 mph, then I push the smaller lever forward to the 'diff lock' position, does the light come on right away, or does it take time, until the center lock has actually locked?
Or does it require a difference between the rolling distance of the front wheels and the rear wheels?

I have seen the red light on mine.
This will not come on if you are just driving in a strait line.
I tried this just in a big car park, by going forward 100 meters, then reverse 100 meters, there need to be a difference in the rolling distance of the back wheels before this 'locks' and red light comes on.
I just did a circle, and after the off-side wheel travelled more than the inside wheel, I seen the red light come on, then I immediatelly just went strait, I was only driving say, 5 mph, on thick snow in carpark.
xpro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea the orange light will come on within few seconds after you engaged in 4HL mode say when driving 40mph an the red light will only come on when in 4LL mode and vehicle has to be stopped otherwise it will just keep flashing.

If your orange light is not comig on, i would just take the cluster out and check the bulb,easy enough job on toyotas anyway
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
i will check the orange lite tomorrow.
How easy is it to take the cluster out to , hopefully just replace the bulb?
xpro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill have a look on mine and will let you know.
Bulbs are easy to take out, no need for striping the clock, just twist on type at the back of the clock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: