Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Centre diff lock switch....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towpack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 15:18    Post subject: Centre diff lock switch.... Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many connections are on the centre diff lock switch? Is it just a 2-wire make-or-break type switch fitted in place of the jumper wire on the connecting plug on the wiring loom or is it a multi-pole type switch with other circuits involved? Just priced up the OE switch at the dealers and theres NO WAY I'm paying £32.00 if it's a simple 1 pole on/off switch.I'll just fit a small rocker switch to the blanking plate.

Thanks..

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 15:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

think mine has 6 connections on it. There are some that go to the difflock ECU. Front and rear diff locks can't be engaged untill the centre one is engaged.

I got mine on e bay for $20 fo 4 switches, you may be lucky and get one that way.

Cheers
Towpack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and cough up for an OE switch if I can't find a s/hand one somewhere.If the switch feeds several wires into the ECU,trying to figure out the connections could be dodgy,possibly even disabling the whole system!

Cheers

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
fubar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, will the switch be the same as any of the other interior switches, i can't look for myself because my J80 isnt ready to pick up yet ..

thanks

fubar
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types, the one you want is the curved face type that is on the top line of switches with the electric aerial - fits in the blanked out hole next to the aerial switch. Wiring will already be behind this.
Moses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted the switch to mine 6 weeks ago Laughing . Tried ages looking for a second hand one etc.. but couldn't wait, cause I need it to go green laning and offroading. Laughing
Managed to get a bit of discount off Toyota because I mention the club membership. Laughing
Andy has a valid point, make sure you get the right one... give them your chassis number. Think the curved faced one is for older models and there is a flat faced one for the newer 80 model,(1996 on I think). The picture on the parts disc shows the curved one only, regardless of age. Rolling Eyes
Also, the parts dept may get confused and show the front and rear diff lock switch that locates in the larger 2" square blank just left of the steering column. This is also comes up as a Diff lock switch. U need to have have the proper, locking front and rear diffs though as far as I'm aware. Any ideas anyone? Shocked

For the point of the ECU that requires the removal of a certain wire, on my 1997 24v VX, this is located behind the main ECU which itself is behind the right kick panel in the drivers footwell. Wink

trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
fubar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi trev
well the switch is a rocker type but what equipment does the original switch activate for me to look for spare .. is it a toggle/rocker/rotary

dont like the idea of pulling wire out of the ECU .... !
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at the wiring diagram, not sure if it sends a signal direct to the centre diff lock as well as a signal to the Diff Lock ECU or whether everything is sent from the ECU.

Basically activating the centre diff lock not only activates the centre diff lock but also allows the front and rear diff locks to operate, and disables the ABS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: