4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lincomb Farm in April

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Lincomb Farm in April Reply with quote

Anyone going to this event in April (17th - 19th):

Lincomb Farm

Might be tempted (will need to check if centre diff works, and whether up-coming tyre choice was correct  Wink )

Weather dependent, of course  Shocked  but at least I know what to expect in that part of the world now  Confused

Cheers

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rodger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that I've finished the rebuild of the back end (bodywork) on my 40, we'll be there.

We've been to everyone to date and Tony & Rebecca put on an excellent weekend. It's suitable for all skill levels and if you've never done any off-roading before it's an excellent place to learn with people on hand to guide you and teach you the basics.

Hopefully we'll see you there.

Regards,

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be up for that Wink

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
toafrica
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be there - potjie or braai Gary?? Missed the last one as I'm a fair weather camper - well anything between 25 and 60 centigrade  Twisted Evil
Mine should be fully prepped by then - it had better be anyway!!
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah - that depends on what we're allowed to burn!!  Last time in Wales we were braaiing over house coal. Not perfect by any means. If I get departure clearance from SWMBO I'll be bringing more Edinburgh boerewors and hopefully LandCrusher will come along and bring more of his brilliant venison and juniper potjie Smile

So probably both is the right answer Wink
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shot some more venison this weekend, but those damn juniper berries make a tricky target I have to say. Always got my pot, ready to go. Agree that the house coal was hot, but boy did it make my eyes water.

LC
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already registered as it's only a stone's throw away. Usually a nice big fire in the middle of the field and plenty of wood on site. No more coal going in the brazier that's for sure!

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there.

Couldn't miss a great weekend like that Wink

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - I've registered, so will be there, either on my own or with SWMBO, depending on whether she's finished her Research Report or not  Laughing
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 16:21    Post subject: Me me me me me me.... Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Gary - sounds like a great trip to get some experience in the mud/treees.  I just picked my new rims for Tonka yesterday so hope to have them refurbed & re-shod with some grippy rubber PDQ.  Just gotta get clearance from her indoors - or get the tribe packed into the jalopy & hook up the 'van for them to come along too!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
I'll be bringing more Edinburgh boerewors

and

Landcrusher wrote:
Just shot some more venison this weekend, but those damn juniper berries make a tricky target I have to say. Always got my pot, ready to go.

Sounds like another feast  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon, if I make it along, I'll be spending most of the weekend checking out your rig - its causing me to have compulsive 80 series purchase disorder...  Wife won't let me have one...  YET!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
Hey Jon, if I make it along, I'll be spending most of the weekend checking out your rig - its causing me to have compulsive 80 series purchase disorder...  Wife won't let me have one...  YET!!!

I'm afraid you won't be able to see it, I'm breaking it - but you'll be able to check out my 100  Laughing

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted...  WHY!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
Gutted...  WHY!!!
Good question, so far everyone thinks I'm mad including my wife but she thought that anyway! I'm not the kind of person who likes to keep stuff hanging about for the sake of it and my 80 project has run its course so it's time for the 100 series to take over. To put it into perspective, I bought the 80 early in 2001 as a 3rd motor to pull the caravan and by the end of 2001 it had a roll cage in it (I spent boxing day 01 installing it  Laughing ) no sunroof and no headlining (a requirement of the roll cage) 35" Simex and a 2" lift! The intervening years have been good fun but there's not a lot left to get the creative thoughts buzzing after that length of time. The 100 puts a big smile on my face and I can't help thinking about all the mods I should be doing to it  Laughing  Time for the 80 to go gracefully ...

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: