Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Starting Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 20:12    Post subject: Starting Problem Reply with quote

Hello to all,
I am a new member and hope to get some help with a problem I have.

The cruiser was going very well without ever giving any indication that a problem was looming. It would always start without a problem. I pulled into a garage to fill up with diesel and went to start up and nothing apart from some buzzing and clicking. The volts were being dragged down as all the lights were fading.
The rest is a long story of getting the car started (I was in France for the above event and it was chucking it down), but basicaly I used some additional wiring and got the starter solenoid to pull in as a first operation, using 12v which meant it was not strong enough to make the contacts, and then using a heavy cable connected directly to the starter motor touched this onto 12v and away she went. Lucky as it should be 24v but started instantly. This got me through the rest of the holiday and home.

I have now spent a couple of days checking out all the components in the start system individualy as and when I can find them. So far all check out ok. I have replaced the starter solenoid contacts and plunger assemply as I had removed the starter to check it off the vehicle and it works fine. The one component I cannot locate and check (according to Haynes manual) is the 12/24v timer relay.
Has anyone experienced a problem similar to this?
Can anyone tell me where the timer relay is located and what form/shape it takes?
Does anyone have a better or clearer starting system drawing as the Haynes one is generic and not specific enough. I even spoke to Haynes technical about the quality of the info and they were trying to be helpful but admitted the manuals are done for the Australian/American markets.

Sorry this is all a bit long but if anyone can help with the info or ideas I will be pleased.
thanks and regards to all
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 20:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: