Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What does the ECT button do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jared

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 14:48    Post subject: What does the ECT button do? Reply with quote

I've just bought a '94 VX TD Auto. Can anyone tell me what the ECT button does, apart from lighting up the letters PWR at the bottom of the gear selection display? Everyone I've asked so far has come up with a different and rather sketchy answer. Also, while I'm here, can anyone recommend a decent place to get tyres? I've heard talk of people paying around £80 each which is no more than I expected, but when I've tried to get quotes for the 295 / 75 R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains which it is currently wearing, it's been nearer £160!!! Ouch. Any advice would be much appreciated. PS - I LOVE THE THING! Spend all my time driving, and now it's fun again.
PPS - Anyone want to buy a Passat? No? Didn't think so...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 14:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ECT is like a power button, when it's on it will hold the gears a bit longer so you get higher rev's, good for when towing or you need a quick getaway.

Cant find BFG but General A/T 2 are available at £85 http://www.tyresonline.net/tyre_results.asp
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Jared

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was something like that. It sounds a bit like the "S4" button on the Rover 800. As for the tyres, I've been quoted £100 a corner, fitted, for the Generals locally. The link you gave me would probably work out cheaper depending on how much fitting would be. I suppose the other option would either be to reduce the width down to 275s, or drop the rims down to 15". Don't really see the point in changing the wheels though. Thanks for the info.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 inch wheels won't fit on a 94 because of the size of the brake rotors and the calipers
Jared

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You learn something new everyday. I'd rather stick with the wheels that are on it anyway. I'll just have to bite the bullet with the price of the tyres! I've been told the BFG All Terrains that are on it are very good tyres, but I've also heard good things about Cooper A/T and Cooper Suretracs. General AT2 are also available locally at £100 fitted each. Any advice appreciated. Also, (I suppose I should start a new thread), do you know anything about Hiclones?
I just want to get the thing back now - my wife's taken it to Mablethorpe for the week with the Mother-in-Law and kids. She didn't like it to start with after driving the Passat (too big, and auto) but now she's loving it.
Thanks Andy - great website by the way
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT2s are good, so are Coopers. BFG are good but last less time than the AT2s will.

Dunlop ATs are good too. Cant remember what they are called.

Also the new model Goodyear Wrangler AT is supposed to be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: