All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oz Tent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 18:28    Post subject: Oz Tent Reply with quote

I hate putting up tents and even more so packing them away in the morning when I've not been awake long, roughing it by taking cover in foul weather in the car is ok for a weekend, but I'm off for four weeks very soon moving each day so after much thought I bought a Oz tent not cheap but very high quality and very very easy to put up and pack away, only down side is packed it's 2m long.  

I'm really impressed with this tent so I thought I would pass it on.

This was just a test of the tent and it was not fully pegged down

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 18:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good.

I would get the back end of my 80 in there no problems.

What amount of time does it take to erect?
Is there a sealable compartment inside for if you leave it on site for a while?
If you don't mind me asking....how much was it?

Looks good for a weekend at Brands Hatch aswell as overlanding.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look Here it will show you how it works.

The back bit is a frame tent with a front door it really takes 30 secs to get this out of the bag and have it up, then there is pegging out time  the awning it attached to that and then I bought side panels for the awning, you can also get a front panel as well.

It's a high quality product which does reflect in the price the cheapest place to buy from was http://www.norwich-camping.co.uk Tent £499 sides £160 floor saver (ground sheet) £31

Lots of videos on youtube as well.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say 24,  shouldn't your cruiser go in the other way around?  Not sure why you'd take a portable garage on holiday.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Make sure the Missus is dressed before you drive off to the shops  Embarassed

Looks nicely made.

LC
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers 24

If you want tents these days they can come really cheap but something like yours will still be going strong when the cheap ones are on a tip.

Thanks for the info, not just yet but very interested for the future.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic bit of kit. Had an RV-4 for a while. Even sold my roof tent to get it, got sick of packing it up every night even if you were staying somewhere for a couple of nights.
I am thinking of getting the fly sheet though as quite a bit of condensation if used in Europe. No real worry as you can stand up in it, but can be a hassle if packing away early morning.
Lumbering Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got the RV 2 - really pleased with it but as mentioned above, being 2m long when packed up can make it a bit numb - roof seems the best place to store it.

Re the flysheet - definitely makes an improvement to the condensation (also means you can have the back "window" open a bit more to get the air flowing through even if its rainign.  Only thing I'd say is when you fit the fly, you can't pull it as tight as you really need to as the top hinges flex quite alarmingly well before it's tight - apparently it's normal but it still doesn't look as though it should.

Expensive? yes.  worth it? yes - when setting off on a Friday night, you know you can pull up and be in the tent sleeping within a couple of minutes, even in the dark.  Also, if only staying a night in each place you aren't spending ages taking the tent down each morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: