Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

URGENT! Lincomb Farm appeal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 21:04    Post subject: URGENT! Lincomb Farm appeal Reply with quote

Stop Press.

Calling all off-roaders. It appears that Lincomb Farm off road course is shrinking. Apparently, the precious red dirt is being spirited away. Tonnes of the stuff is disappearing. Investigations reveal that the levels seem to drop significantly after each gathering. Inside sources tracked down one guilty driver who 'claims' - (yeah right), that this wheel barrow of the sacred earth was chiseled off his vehicle and swept up the following day. A likely story.

Please keep a look out for any suspicious mounds of earth. If found, please return in a skip, bulk vehicle or barge to:
Lincomb Soil Appeal
Off road course
Steep hill on the left
Knackered Diff
Stourport

EDIT: don't know what's happened to the link.

Last edited by Landcrusher on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:22; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 21:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jvoelcker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the photo, but know the problem - I've had two trucks here trying to smuggle away the precious stuff.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing

I've got a barrow-load for sale from my stupid front Toyota OEM skid plate, which seems to act more as a JCB digger than a skid plate.  Fortunately it got fully knackered on the weekend, and the ASFIR one is all waiting to go on tomorrow!!

Cheers
Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got a load plastered all over my LC, hiding all the scratches from the weekend. My 3 yr old and her mates have been intrigued by it  Very Happy
Just when you needed rain to wash it all off, the sun comes out! Anyway, my cruiser is maintaining the fine Zulu tradition where the women plaster their faces with mud (ochre) to protect themselves from the sun! I'll have to dig out some pics...

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the tank guard off last night. Filled another bucket full! It's like a cheese grater, that thing. I 'd like to block the holes up. There must have been an extra 25kg in there. Got to take the belly plates off today. Buckets at the ready. Where's a deep river crossing when you need one?

LC
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every drizzle of rain we get here leaves another couple of shovel loads on the road outside my house. I didn't realise I could sell it and was planning to block the drains at my local jet wash with it.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now having to dig it into the flower beds. It's like the Great Escape. I shall be shuffling through Tesco car park with it running out of my trouser legs at this rate. Think I've about cracked it now. May jet the underside whilst the bash plates are off.

Just done new hand brake cable. Lucky I am teaching my self to weld. Needed to knock up a new bracket in the end. Got to hit the shower as I look like Dusty Miller, only orange.

LC
paulh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, the staff at my local Ford dealer don't appear to appreciate the value of the stuff.

They didn't seem impressed when I pointed out that the inch-deep layer of Lincombe Mud that I left all over their jetwash would make an ideal exhibition course to display the offroad prowess of their Rangers.

Or could it be that word's got round, and they were just afraid of getting stuck...?   Very Happy

Paul
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped at my local Jet garage and before I could get out, one of the cashiers ran to the bay and stuck a 'no heavily soiled vehicles' notice on it and shook their head disapprovingly. So is a jet was just for clean cars?

LC
idrubie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been banned from one of my local car washes. No idea why  dontknow

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: