NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

alarm and keys - register / reprogram new master key fob

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4runner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33    Post subject: alarm and keys - register / reprogram new master key fob Reply with quote

as usual with a new - 2nd hand vehicle, one starts finding things that dont work,
last night  i tested alarm,  indicators blinked like mad, but no noise!
i did a search on here and found alarm is in front offside wing,  took the light off, and saw alarm and it is unplugged...
plugged in and it was making a crackling and rustling  noise like speakers on a PA system sometimes do
and it didnt screech when alarm set off
so i guess its  screwed, how much for a new one?  might check out breakers first

i couldnt find the sensitivity switch either for the motion alarm,  and that doesnt seem to work anyway.  as i left a window and locked car with fob, stuck head in through open window and alarm (indicators) didnt go off.
it does go off (indicators) if you lock car with fob and open door with keylock

also, only got 1 key, the master key.
I assume if i want a spare it has to be another like the master key with buttons and transponder for immobilizer, otherwuse its not much use.
i dont ahve the keycode either, that metal tag.

ps sorry for all these questions at the moment! just learning a new truck!

from a dealer it seems they cost upto £150 ?

i saw a blank on e bay, uncut key,  with working buttons and transponder (needs pairing) for £50,
i asked in a keycutting place and they said they could cut, but my risk if it goes wrong...

have you guys any other suggestions on the key?

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bullwire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can code the immobilizer key yourself, the how-to  will probably be on this site somewhere, You turn the ignition on and off a number of times within 15 secs then open doors etc etc.
BigSi
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

While standing on one leg, rubbing your tum and patting your head!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
toafrica
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procedure to register a new master key - as per page 814/5 of the repair manual.... (RM517E)

Procedure to register a new sub key - as per page 816/7 of the repair manual.... (RM517E)

I've not tried this - but it's in the book!!! and that's how Toyota do it.....
4runner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a key blank today (e bay),  needs cutting and I will try the procedures described above to programme it

Also got a replacement alarm siren off e bay for £10, as the batterys had leaked and trashed the one in my Colorado,
this works well,  but only if I unlock a door with key or lift bonnet etc  when system armed
I can get it to go off  (either siren or indicators) if I arm the system with  a window left open and stick my 'ead through the window and wave arms around

I think previous owner, like us, had dogs so may have disabled the motion detection system
I cant find the "sensitivity" box anywhere, I have looked under the front dash, from underneath around the steering column,  behind glovebox, and behind the fuse box lid on drivers side
what does the box look like and any other ideas where it could be?

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
SpinDrift
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

If you remove the panel just below the steering wheel, you should find it just by the central console - it is a little black box with a little dial on it.

regards

Reinhard
4runner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks spindrift
I will have another look

I discovered the alarm does go off to motion, as i sat in car and armed system,  it took about 15 seconds of moving around before it went off though

some toyota TVSS systems are also have a glass breakage detection, which you can sometimes set off by tapping window with a coin, this doesnt seem to be on my system, but the motion radar should do the job

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
4runner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it - thanks!

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
4runner

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help on this thread and past posts

I now have a second master key, £50 on e bay,  got it cut today for £5  and then after a few failed attempts (what a faff!), have both programmed the immobilsier transponder and key fob lock(arm alarm)/unlock(disable alarm)  buttons

cheers!

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
Wildmutt

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 23:35    Post subject: glass breakage sensor Reply with quote

The glass breakage sensor om my LWB Colorado is behind the nearside rear panel where the tool kit is kept.If you take the door off and the tool kit out, you can see the box at the top of the cut out towards the back of the car. I have found it to be quite sensitive as when I was trying to open the back door my fingers  slipped of the door latch which bounced onto the stop with a thump. The alarm was set and this set the alarm siren and lights off. Not the thing to do at 1am! The box is marked as "glass breakage sensor" BTW. Hope this helps
regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 0:34    Post subject: Re: glass breakage sensor Reply with quote

Wildmutt wrote:
The glass breakage sensor om my LWB Colorado is behind the nearside rear panel where the tool kit is kept.If you take the door off and the tool kit out, you can see the box at the top of the cut out towards the back of the car. I have found it to be quite sensitive as when I was trying to open the back door my fingers  slipped of the door latch which bounced onto the stop with a thump. The alarm was set and this set the alarm siren and lights off. Not the thing to do at 1am! The box is marked as "glass breakage sensor" BTW. Hope this helps

And don't slam the fuel filler flap either  Wink
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the 120 series coding sequence - sheesh - you need about 4 assistants to get it done, I think - runs to 6 pages  Rolling Eyes
4runner

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Wildmutt

found it,  there was a small sensor pad floating around with wire going to the breakglass unit, the sticker had unglued itself,
so i stuck it to part of the plastic trim in the cubbyhole, and now a good whack onside of car sets the alarm off!

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
jerseytrev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

alarm system was probably us as mine is had the crackling sound too so dealer and myself decided to disconnect it .took it out today had to drop inner wheel arch liner .after all if they want something in the car they will smash the window and be gone cannot start it because of key chip . who takes any notice of car alarms anyway . all people think is another bl**dy alarm going off on its own .
leon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseytrev wrote:
alarm system was probably us as mine is had the crackling sound too so dealer and myself decided to disconnect it .took it out today had to drop inner wheel arch liner .after all if they want something in the car they will smash the window and be gone cannot start it because of key chip . who takes any notice of car alarms anyway . all people think is another bl**dy alarm going off on its own .

when mines out side the house i pay notice of car alarm ....just lastnight some t i t desided to go up the street and smash every one's wing mirrow's off  Shocked  lucky mine was round the back and he mised it .....but you can see my piont  Very Happy

you can get a cat5 alarm fitted for 2-300 i beleave .....and then when its nicked and found smashed up the ins company will pay coz the alarm was fitted (witch will never stop a pro car thief any ways )
2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: