All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Vegatable Oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit including all sundries & vat was £687. It takes someone who knows what they are doing 6 - 9 hours to fit. It comes with detailed instructions, or you can get a good mechanic to do it for you. I reckon my conversion will have paid for it self in 8 months. Also the kit is removable for when you sell the car.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 0:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about getting oil from one of those Indian run places that have all their stuff out on the pavement, like massive bags of onions etc. They usuallly have 25l drums of oil stacked up.
Seb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, I only live 8 miles from Bradford which seems about 90% asian & has lots of those shops with stuff piled on the pavement. Went to Asda today but couldn't find the drums but still bought 60 litres (20 bottles £25). I've only had one comment so far from a cashier at Sainsburys who asked me if I owned a cafe & I told him I had two so he could expect to see me again! All the other cashiers haven't batted an eyelid so far. I only ever put 1 bottle on the till and say how many are in the trolley so it's easy work for them and discreet for me. Embarassed
billybear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seb
Nice to see you got it done you will soon recover the costs of the install and perhaps when other people see that this system really does work it might encourage other people to go down this route.A lot of people who run on oil say that their cars run a lot better,sound a lot better and they say they feel there is a slight increase in power have you noticed any of this?Goodluck with it anyway and when you have put a good bit of mileage in come back and let us know how things have gone.Thanks.
Bill
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly on topic, but I have been running my 80 series on 100% biodiesel made locally and have been very pleased with the results.

The biodiesel has been made up by a local chap from waste veg oil and so far the car is running a lot quieter and smoother and as with the veg oil seems to have a little bit more power.

The only downside so far is that it sometimes takes a fraction of a second longer to start and with one tank full it habit of running on a bit for a second or two.

One of the key things with the biodiesel is to make sure that the fuel filter is replaced after the first few hundred miles because the biodiesel strips out the build up of sludge created by diesel bug from normal diesel - a friend with a Colorado had problems on his second tank with a blocked fuel filter causing the car to die.

The local chap has done a stack of advertising and is selling the processed biodiesel at 85p per litre, apart from a small issue over quality control which I think will improve with consistent supply, it has proved so popular that every time he sells a batch he sells out pretty quickly.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: