4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The new 120 Series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 15:04    Post subject: The new 120 Series? Reply with quote

Saw this on the SA cruiser club site:

This is the new 120 series apparently, being released in SA at the end of the year, probably with the D-4D.

Hmmm - not too sure of the capabilities - looks like an over-weight RAV4  Rolling Eyes  No idea of specs etc.  Perhaps it's just a face-lift?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 15:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a lot like the Lexus GX470 - as the GX470 is due for an upgrade next year, I am pretty sure that you've spotted the new version of the 120 platform. Of course, the GX470 and Toyota 120 are the same beast under the skin! Presumably that means the LC120 gets a new shape too Cool

I believe the new 120/GX470 platform is supposed to look more like the 200 series cosmetically.... Shocked  Don't know if that's such a good thing?

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Pics apparently from latest version right off the production lines:

Note the 3rd row of seats now fold flat into the floor ...

Looks quite nice - need to find the real specs on it ...
Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice but....Does it have a trip computer? Maybe someone should write in and ask before it's too late.   Laughing

Like the front and back bumpers!
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

And is there a hybrid option?   Cool
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate the side view - looks to old shogunny .... 'squared' off ... a bit going backwards - to the old Colorado - I love the smooth lines on the LC as is ..... still - things go around and come around!
Rick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Note the 3rd row of seats now fold flat into the floor ... "

Yes, but look at that great big ledge/step that now runs across the back above the rubber door seal.  That must be 4-5 inches high which means they've effectively raised the boot floor by that much to get the seats folding flush.  That will effect the load area and loading height quite a lot I would think.
Surely the clever thing is to get the new seats folding down into the floor, as opposed to effectively leaving the seats where they are and raising the level of the floor up to match them.
This is what LR did very well with the Discovery 3.  One of the only things.
Speaking of which, you don't think that the LC will have an electric handbrake do you?  Oh no, that would be the end... Rolling Eyes
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the jury is still out on this one.

perhaps it might 'grow' on me.

It actually looks like an older style than our current 120 ?

'vette
4runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

and where is the transfer box lever?

i dont think it looks that bad,
i actually prefer the shape of the colorado to the 120 anyway!,  I just dont get one with curvy headlamp units though

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a new 3dr VXL from the local dealer on thr 28th of May 2009.

I have just (yesterday) been called into the dealership and been told that Toyota Espana are not importing anymore of the present model, but will start importing the new 2010 model around November this year. They offered me my deposit back or if I wanted to wait they would make sure that my order was one of the first to become available. I'm not too sure about having a very early model!! but have opted to wait.
I only hope that it (the new model) is no taller as I only have 20mm clearance on my parking space and that the wheels with winter tyres will fit too.
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm .... are we talking the same car here? - a new 120? - can't find any mention of it on any Toyota website .... any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: