Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Finally - She arrives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crispin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Finally - She arrives Reply with quote

Man I already love this thing. Only driven it a few miles. Torn between reading the manual (I read the cover to cover for interest sake. Not to work out how to get BBC4 on the wireless)
Some pics attached - will add some more. (not from phone camera!)

SUCH a good looking vehicle! Am so happy with it.

My favourite pic:

Tis perdy....

The heart that beats

Y'all know.....

The thing I like the most? The noise it makes when it starts. Sounds rough, harsh, business like.
Not like my freelander which, when you turned the key, all you heard was "please start please start please start please start please start"

I am one happy camper...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers,
Crispin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gilghana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!  
There's nothing like that feeling.  Hope your LC gives you great service as it should.
Gil
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, wish you'd posted a pic earlier. That is my old one. The one I got rid of because of all the problems. Crikey where do I start with the list? Such a shame. I always knew that some one would end up with it. Sad

Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

Only kidding of course. Very nice. I miss mine for the sheer comfort and ride. Hope you'll be very happy together. But remember what it was really built for! Don't be long in posting the project list.

LC
PtP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! I'm really pleased you like it. I take delivery of my first Amazon in the morning - I hope! Laughing
Crispin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks!

LC - don't. The amount of grief I had with my freelander in 10 months, I am praying for 10 years of hassle free motoring.
You did have me for a second though.

PtP - enjoy tomorrow Smile

Gil - Been following your stories. Very interesting. I plan on driving this one down to CT in a few years. Will be going via Ghana (visiting friend's family). I thought I could do it with the freelander but got canceled after I stalled it in the drive after the cat' broke and blocked the rest of the pipe. Or was it the overheating. Maybe the week clutch? Dunno. Cannot remember.

Anyway - Bygones. Is LC from now on.....
NIGE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great choice,looks exactly like my one (is it dark blue?) what you need now to really make it look more impresive is a set of grabbers (265/70/17) makes it more buisiness like,enjoy.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats - have fun.  Get rid of those Dunflops asap!!

Go BOKKE!!!
Crispin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary.

The poor dealer just had them put on. Will have to wait a while until I get some more. Need the money for other gadgets (oh, and the baby fund apparently...) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: