4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newby Cruiser owner needs info

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will see if I can get a description of the reinforcement and also photos if available.

Safari Snorkels are more common although there are other makes. What is a Donaldson 'Spinner'? The normal Safari intake is usually fine.

As for Salisbury, just let us know as and when. It is a family event so if you want/have to bring the better half then do.

THe only thing is that we will need you to have made up your mind and registered at least a week before hand so that we cn book the lunches. So far we have about a dozen TLCs booked in and about 20 people, but I know of quite a few more still to book so should be a great day out.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 19:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mettisse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 20:10    Post subject: newby Cruiser owner needs info Reply with quote

Hi, a spinner is not the correct term for what is really a centrifugal dust filter, they look like a plastic saucepan on the top of the snorkel, and are marketed by our old favourite ARB, they really do work, and of course save the air filter from crudding up, I would think essential on a truck bound for the dusty desert. I have seen on a french cruiser a different type of skorkel which followed the contour of the "A" pillar very closely and swung across the top of the windscreen, very smart, but I think very susceptable to rainwater being driven in up the windscreen, with no provision of turning the inlet away from the dust as on a Safari. again thanks for the input, it is very much appreciated .
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 22:40    Post subject: Re: newby Cruiser owner needs info Reply with quote

mettisse wrote:
Hi, a spinner is not the correct term for what is really a centrifugal dust filter,

Fair enough, I know about the dust filters but had never heard of them referred to as you had.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: