4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Question for Andy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 20:08    Post subject: Question for Andy Reply with quote

Hi Andy
Not sure if it was you who put something on here about heated rear windows Iv'e got one bar on mine which wont work and i'm sure i saw on here about a paint you can get to repair breaks. Do you know what it's called & where you get it.
Brian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 20:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Towpack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

It was me who mentioned the paint in response to a post.It's a paint with a heavy metallic content sold specifically for HRW repair.As far as I can remember I bought it from Halfords but it must be 10 years ago or more.Searched high and low in the garage for it after I posted but couldn't find the dammed stuff! so unfortunately I can't give you a product name etc.Halfords should be a good starting point though.

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil
Thanks for replying you know what will happen dont you couple of weeks from know you'll find it, anyway i will give Halfords a try.
Brian
joinerman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the paint to repair the heated rear screen element, it's called Electra Connector. I got it from Allparts in High Wycombe at a cost of £ 9.99 have'nt tried it yet though.

Brian
500SEC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to tell us the outcome. I posted the earlier note regarding heated rear windows. I have only two bars working... I've inspected all bars very carefully and can see NO breaks. Very frustrating indeed. It seems that the UK climate is not good for anything where there's an electrical connector involved. Moving parts either sieze or connectors corrode from dampness.

1986 Mercedes 500SEC
1996 TLC 4.2 GS TD
2006 Ford Falcon ute
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frederick
I will let you know the outcome of this paint. I am waiting for a nice dry day to try it so i might be waiting for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: