Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Has anyone had any dealings with Chequered flag Car Sales?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should bring this to Matt Allwrights attention, can't remember the name of the prog he does.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 21:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mr.B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

joinerman wrote:
Perhaps we should bring this to Matt Allwrights attention, can't remember the name of the prog he does.

rouge traders is the show fella

i have to endure it when its on as the wife like it
joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the boyo.
jjflash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their warranties are not worth anything; I have just bought a Landrover from Chequered flag car sales, Hipperholme, Yorks, assuming this is the same garage.
tatarosu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 14:37    Post subject: RUN away fast Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Have recently had an ugly experience with Chequered Flag Car sales in Halifax, and all I can say about them is: RUN, they totally SU*K

Wanted to buy a Landcruiser HDJ 80 (for a project) and after a couple of months of research I decided to fly to UK get one from these guys. I spoke several times on the phone with a guy named Craig, and another named Kirk. The description of the car in the advert was awesome. They confirmed on the phone and by mail that the car had 3 owners from new, 150k miles, full service history, old MOTs, everything, as you would expect from a LC80 at this price.
I specifically asked if the 3xdifflock work, aircon works and others....they confirmed that everything on the car works...Smile
The car was the second most expensive standard LC80 in UK at that time (5995 pounds). This was happening in Sept 2009. booked an inspection here in Germany with the TUV and ordered the parts for German homologation of the vehicle. Also booked flight to London and train to Halifax.

Being happy that I found a nice car, I asked them to send me a contract so that I can pay them by CC a deposit of 500 pounds (as agreed).
They charged my card, but no contract, no nothing....and when the day comes and I go and see the car....disaster Smile)

-1 broken door mirror
-1 broken headlight, water was getting in (had to change it for TUV, but still... they said the car was spot
-mileage: 190k
-no history with the car
-aircon not working...after telling me 5 times on the phone/email that it's working
-tyres....barely legal, far worse than described
-leather cracked, not as described
-CD player not working
-alloys corroded, not as described
-some fender plastics missing on rear arches

Bottom line, it was a total disappointment. And I like to believe that I'm being realistic when I view a used car, as I have bought all types of cars in the past. I did not expect to see a new one, especially when viewing a Landcruiser.

After telling them that it's impossible for me to acquire that car from them, they did not want to give me the 500 pounds back...and what was I to do? alone in foreign country...hahaha. I knew that if I filed a complain with my bank, I would 100% get a refund, as I have been in this field in the past....just walked away without saying a word...

It's clear that they are "not selling a 2nd car to the same costumer again" type of business smile)

My bank got my money back, of course....

So just be very careful when deciding to buy from them.... inspect the car again and again....you will most probably just waist your time and travel funds smile

Good Luck
Traian
Stuttgart, Germany
Kompressr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at getting a car from them, but googled them just to have a quick check to see if any horror stories were brought up! Google had this thread towards the bottom of the first page so wanted to say thanks for the warnings guys, will be avoiding them! Smile
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they need reporting to the " Office of fair trading " but it would need to be from someone who's had dealings with them.

Anyone agree ?
davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but just receiving some verbal won't get me a hearing Rolling Eyes   Maybe the OP is the man (or that TV bloke - television not tranny!)

Last edited by davey b on Fri Jan 29, 2010 15:32; edited 1 time in total
PDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for posting this, it is really helpful.

I started this thread asking about this company last year.

I have been looking at their Land Cruiser listings on Autotrader for some time now, yet I always felt uneasy about them for some reason. I phoned them up a few times and they just couldn’t be bothered to answer my questions.

I will now be looking elsewhere.
tmw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.  Thought as much from the conversation but good to have it confirmed.  I am sorry for your experiences.
joinerman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

After market warrentys arn't worth a ****.  put whatever the cost of one is in a seperate account & leave it there so if needs be you can draw on that, give it to the warrenty company & wave bye bye to it.
capedolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys...yes I do have experience with 'Chequered Flag sale' and this geezer called 'Kirk'...I have never ever had dealings with such a rude person...! The story; I had been looking for an 80 series for a long time and spotted one on e-bay...so contacted this 'kirk' and although very pricey it seemed a very nice vehicle...I had my father in law go and take a peek, he arranged an RAC check...this flagged up some issues...I brought them up with 'Kirk'...yes he agreed to sorting them and a deal was done...!
I live in the Falkland Islands...so by the time I actually got my hands on the vehicle it was a couple or three months later...yes you have all guessed none of the issues raised by the RAC had been done, when I rang him up I was told he was busy with a client...so I waited for him to call me...a few days later I rang him again...again he was with a client...and he hung up well I rang him back again...and he hurled a load of abuse down the phone...called me all sorts of names and obcenities, it was that bad that I tried to report him to the 'e-bay team' but didn't know how to report such an unreasonable character to 'trading standards' but if someone could assist me with this I would be pleased to do it so the some body else does have the same experience that I did...!
The vehicle I have to say was a good one and it appeared to have a full service history etc...the only annoying thing is the defects were not put right as agreed...and the fact that he was so rude...!
I was going to ring him again and say I would visit him when next in the UK, I would be easy to recognise as I came through his door...I would be the one carrying the base ball bat...to break his f..g kneecaps...! but I didn't lower myself to his standards...I just think he is a disgrace to yorkshire, and no-one should deal with him...I would love to see him go bust...!
Phil Miller
Dave 2000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my '80' a couple of weeks ago now and was looking at this dealer whilst looking around and they write a good ad but having spent many years in the car trade something just did not 'feel' right.  I could not put my finger on it but decided against it and then up pops this thread!  I had already travelled quite few miles to the UK to get a car and I am sooooo glad I gave them a miss, I have a serious problem with my temper when people mess with me and my hard earned cash!

Give this thread a bump every now and then in an attempt to save some other poor sod from grief!

regards

Dave

Remember as an individual you are unique........................ just like everyone else.
Suck Valley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new E.U initiative has decided that your no longer allowed to  use the words pikie or knacker!!!! you must now use the phrase "Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers" or "C.U.N.T's" for short  Razz
davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, Sir, are a very bad man Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Tea all over the keyboard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: