All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Best way to get iPOD in LC5

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 21:28    Post subject: Best way to get iPOD in LC5 Reply with quote

Hello peeps,

I am the proud owner of a 2007MY LC120 LC5.  I would like to get iPOD connection but I am unsure about the most effective way of doing this.  I know that Mr. T provide a pretty expense genuine kit, but I was wondering if anyone had tried any other options i.e. Dension.

Also I am keen to understand what level of functionality is provided by each option.

Thanks,

Ian.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 21:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IanW

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

sleepy2
andy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done a search of the forum, I'm sure theres another thread going somewhere.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
IanW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thread is regarding an LC4.  The LC4 and LC5 have very different head units.

Thanks,

Ian.
Crispin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thread  here where they talking about it. Granted it's an LC4 but there are some other options.

I did see something a a couple weeks ago about a device that mimics the CD shuttle (old school) but could work in conjunction with your existing shuttle. I suspect it disconnects yours when it wants to play.
I'll see if I can remember the product / article or whatever it was. Memory fails me in my old age...
NightStalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ian...

I believe that on the LC5 you have a tape deck...
Cheapest option is a tape adapter. I used to use one in the avensis I had and thought it was great. Yeah you have no remote control, well any control really over the IPOD and it doesnt charge, but if you dont want to take your center console appart and dont want to use a FM transmitter then the tape deck adapter would be the way to go...
Man I wish the LC4 I'm getting would have a tape deck in it....
If you want to get a system which lets you control the IPOD and charge it up at the same time then the XCARLINK seems quite good... there's another one Harmand and K... somthing like that... but for me it's going to be the XCARLINK £70 ish from xcarlink.co.uk....

hope that helps a little.
Regards
Rob
Cool
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightStalker wrote:
... there's another one Harmand and K... somthing like that...
Cool

Harman Kardon  Wink
NightStalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thats the one  Wink
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's genuine Toyota parts for sale on flea-bay for this:

http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/TOYOTA-TUNDRA-TACOMA-LANDCRUISER-MR2-SIENNA-iPOD-MODULE_W0QQitemZ270517701196QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc1c8a4c

Have fun - price seems good - £30 or so.
Pauldublin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 17:28    Post subject: I-Pod in Landcruiser Reply with quote

Hello All,

This is my first post, i moved from a Pajero to a 05 LC4 back in October last year. Have to say it was the best decision ever. The car was orignally a UK model but the people who purchased it new moved back to Ireland.

Anyway my reason for posting was about the I-Pod.

As the owner of a large music collection i wanted to be able to listen and control my I-pod while driving.

I have now installed a Parrot MKi9200, this is wired to the glove box where i leave the I-Pod and then i control this from a small remote which can be mounted on the dash or handheld remote. The unit comes with a small three ich colour screen which allows you to view whats on your ipod. The system is seperate to the original head unit but obviously it uses the speakers for output. When you pause the Parrot the radio cuts in.

It is also a car kit, so you can do away with your Nokia kit if need be.

I have to say the sound quality is perfect ( depending on how you ripped your cd's) and allows you to crank up the volume.

I hope this is of some help to other Landcruiser owners out there.

As it is my first post i can enter a link, but do a google for parrot car kits and it will come up.

Regards

Paul
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be installing the xCarLink unit, but in order to confirm 100% what I need, I require the model number of the head unit on the LC5 - and I've no clue?  Can anyone suggest what it might be?  ToyoDIY says:

Part 86120-60451, Pioneer. ID=3746

The guys want to know if this is a B9000, 9010, etc?

Anyone know for definite what the Pioneer model is?

Cheers
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The b9000 is the aus(?) version sat nav. Not yours.

Go here http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=29&cat=11&page=1 and click on compatibility tab and see if your radio is show. I don't think it is.

IIRC, they all have the type 1 plug which goes between the shuttle and the radio. I remember looking at  Cyland101's LC5 unit he wants to put in the LC4.

He has your radio loose in the back of his car. Maybe can scrounge the part number off it.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - radio not shown ...

Maybe ~I should go with this then from flea-bay, item number 310198088173

Seems to be the genuine Pioneer item ...
Cyland101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I'll take a look tonight when I get home and post up the numbers.
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has the 12 pin plug, then it might work.
On Tony's LC4 radio, the 12pin plug is occupied by CD shuttle (fitted by Mr-T)
On mine, I don't recall the plug being free but I was not really looking.

Your's might be used by the shuttle / satnav in which case it already has the Y splitter. I was reading on PradoPoint (I think) that the xcarlink complained when used with the splitter because it detected something else in use and refused to work. Apparently it has a LED "BUS INUSE" which lights up.
Seeing as you have a shuttle and the satnav, make sure you can return it if you have a problem with it Smile

I used an inline modulator many moons ago and I don't recall it being bad.
It connects between the aerial and the radio and injects the signal into the cable. The result is as if you were sitting underneath a BBC transmitter. There was no hiss or varying signal etc.
accepted that the dangly ones that transmit are useless and depending on the orientation of your left ear, either work or don't.

Maybe try one of them? I still have mine but it's in a draw in SA Sad Cheap as chips as well.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007THIDQ?tag=nonstopmakemo-20
If you want one that controls an iPod then find one of them. But iDont have one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: