2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My alarm thing does not work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Cummings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08    Post subject: My alarm thing does not work! Reply with quote

I have the standard alarm/security system fitted as new from toyota. It has never worked since I owned the car. I have th efob and the light illuminates when any of the buttons are pressed on it but nothing happens to the car? Does anyone have any idea about this. Or should I carry on just using the key same as I allways have. Thanks Jim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
First of it depends on the year of your truck as to witch alarm you have on it so more details would help. If you are using the key then it is most likley that the alarm is not being set as this is the way that Toyota use to lock your car without arming for when you are on say, a Ferry.

If you have not done so already change the battery in the fob. Even though the light is comming on there may not be enough power to actually transmit the signal.

Are the fobs new? or need programming? there are several threads on here about that one but for the lifeof me I can't find them. Will have another look in bit unless someone else in the mean time knows where they are.

Bigyun
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the phrase TVSS in your search. (Toymota Vehikle Scuritee Systime)

LC
Jim Cummings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give some more information it is a 1998, uk LC95. Its the one with a seperate fob and key. I'll search on the name you suggested landcrusher
regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same year and model. Mine plays up ocassionally and I fing the following usually gets it going again. I can't remember where I got this combination or wether I'm just button bashing but it seems to do the job:

Standing next to the car.
Press both buttons on the remote for about 5 seconds.
Press the lock button until the light on the remote flashes
Try locking and unlocking the car.

This will only work if the fob was paired with the vehicle in the first place. The pairing procedure is a bit more long winded but I think that is what LC pointed you in the direction of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: