Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Winch and Recovery Training

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

C
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pugwash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have lost a post somewhere Sad

Tony- thank you so much for your kind offer- will PM off the board (although not til after the weeked- i'm marshalling at a LR show at the moment!)

if we don't use lincombe (and its dependant on the the chap i use for training slightly- he may want to know the ground beforehand) then i have access to Culmhead (nr Taunton), Slindon (SE of London ), Bordon and one or two other places which should all fit the bill.

How would Sunday 22nd November suit?
blobrob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of us may be on the salibsury palin trip which ATM is to take place on the 22nd or 29th of November. Although a preference has been stated for the 29th, it has not been confirmed yet.

I am fine with it on the 22nd as long as it doesnt clash with the other trip.

Cheers

97 HDJ80 Manual, Safari snorkel, 33" BFG AT, Wildsmith sliders, lift coming soon... to find out if I got that lift or made it Mongolia use a search engine Wink
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

blobrob wrote:
A few of us may be on the salibsury palin trip which ATM is to take place on the 22nd or 29th of November. Although a preference has been stated for the 29th, it has not been confirmed yet.

I am fine with it on the 22nd as long as it doesnt clash with the other trip.

Cheers

Ditto for me n Tommo
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here.

Bigyun
busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can set the Plain date for the 29th then Smile
SpinDrift
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested.  The 22nd would work.  

Tony, thanks for the offer to host.

cheers

Reinhard
Pugwash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK- update- have spoken to the guy who would be dong the training./

He needs £35/head (NOT vehicle) to do the training. He will only train on a 4-1 student to instructor ratio! He beleives he can get 2 other qualified instructors, so places will be strictly 12 (i would love to do more, but its not my deicision). It won't be the 21/22 of Nov as he is prebooked with other training. Payment will be upfront before the training day (and payable direct to him not me- he's well known, and runs many many events so can be trusted).

So, date to be set, and venue too. As soon as i know these items, then i will let you guys know.
busaboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be anything like this Smile

Link

Pugwash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35    Post subject: Training Day- details here- 14th November. Reply with quote

Ok Guys as per my previous thread.

Have been given a choice of 2 dates- 14th November and 5th December- have gone with earlier date as some people arne't here in December, so set the date as 14th november 09. James Trembath (the lead instructor) is checking that he can get other instructors for that date.

Details:

What:
1 Days recovery training, to include:
The basics of recovery- Planning, control, safety
Static v Dynamic Recoveries- ie using another vehicle v self recovery
Hi-Lift use- safety, winching, casting etc etc
Rigging and kit - ropes, bridles, strops, safety standards, stamped kit etc etc
Use of powered and unpowered winches
Ground Anchors

When:
14th November 2009 (chance of postponement to the 5th December). Start and end times to be confirmed

Where:
Culmhead island, 4 mins from J26 of M5, Nr Taunton
<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=culmhead&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=22.455652,67.631836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Culmhead,+Taunton,+Somerset,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.936064,-3.126185&spn=0.093142,0.264187&z=13>

Who:
Training to be run by LANTRA qualified, LRE senior instructor James Trembath of 4x4adventures.co.uk . James is very well known in the offroading world and runs a challenge series as well as various events. he can also be found co-driving for "Rogue Vogue" the lead vehicle in the Howling Wolf off road series. He has a huge amount of experience in both competitive and expedition enviroments. He has a military background.

Training will only be run on a 4:1 instructor basis- ie 4 students to 1 instructor- places are strictly first come first served based on payment received and cleared- you will only get a place when payment is received. 4 Students are REQUIRED for each instructor, with up to 3 instructors available- ie if we have 11 people sign up then i will have to refund the last 3 people to sign up and cancel their places!

Their will be no more than 12 places available (of which i am taking one) so if you are keen then get your payment in fast.

Cost:
£35  per person NOT per vehicle + fees (£36.05 by paypal).
Payable in advance to secure your place. This cost purely covers the cost of instructors and land- I am not making a penny from this, which is why you guys need to pay any fees- sorry! Paymenbt via paypal to muddyREMOVEplayer@husmail.com. You can pay by cheque if you prefer- PM me for my details.

Notes:
Bring whatever recovery equipment you have with you, James will supply as much kit as possible, but won't have 12 Hi-lifts for example. He will have various ground anchors and hand winches for our use. You will not receive any certification from this training although it would form a very good basis for LANTRA training should you require that for work. The idea of this days training is to make sure you have solid fundementals of recovery (so re-capping for those with experience), and to give you the cofidence to both self recove and recover other vehicles, either in a competitive enviroment or around the world. Safety and planning will be one of the key drivers.

please ask if you have any questions.

Group 1:
1: Pugwash- James Pugh
2:
3:
4:

Group 2:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Group 3:
1:
2:
3:
4:
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds just what is needed - many thanks for organising.

I have a training day already in place for new franchisees for my company on the 14th and 15th November. (drat, drat and double drat).

If it gets delayed to the 5th Dec please let me know.

All the best
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make 14th November either - releasing major new software into the organisation (a 40-hour effort - what fun).

5th December is the day before SWMBOs b'day, so not good either

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
busaboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for me, i might have a winch fitted by then but have loads of strops, shakles and hi lift etc that can be used by others. I don't mind taking someone on board if people are looking for room in vehicles.
Do i just send payment by paypal now?
Pugwash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Busaboy,

just send paypal payment as soon as poss please- then can start to confirm places.

Good stuff

Jim
Pugwash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh if you guys do send money by paypal, please PM me your real name, your username and your email address- its impossible to work out who has paid what otherwise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: