4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

An evening out at the local mud pit :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10    Post subject: An evening out at the local mud pit :-) Reply with quote

To be fair, I should have know better than to put mine & MUX's off-road cherry in the hands of such a pair of obvious charlatans like Jimbo4x4 & REX...  

But I did & we had a great laugh mooching about the local mud pit for half-an-hour or so once the scramblers had left us to it Smile

Right up til Jim says 'Right, I'll follow you for a bit now eh?'  No backing down from that really is there...   Shocked

So off we pop, back to the top of the hill we started from & thats when my decision making lets go...  There's two drops off from the top of the hill, Jim had taken us down the LHS route & we'd come back up the RHS so I figure we try & do it in reverse - there's quite a side camber on the RHS of the RHS route so I stay to the LHS of it...  Just a little too much...  In the dark & we start to climb the banking & slew sideways...

I thought MUX was going over; Jim thought MUX was going over; REX, if he could have, would have th...  You get the picture?  Instead, I must have floored it & we shot off over a lovely silver birch tree...  Drove straight over the darn thing & up it popped behind us, (almost) right as rain!!!

That new front bumper project looks like it might be about to happen quicker than I thought...   Embarassed

There appears to be no other damage & the new skid plate, without bracket (still), has protected the transfer box beatifully Wink  You see how seriously we take our product testing here Wink

Thanks for the invite Jimster, we'll do it again soon but for now, where's me valium gone Wink

Last edited by Gavlad on Mon Mar 01, 2010 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooer missus (as LC would say)!!!

At least you did it to yourself, and were having FUN!!  Laughing
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Smile  No wuckin furries Wink

Talk about being in dire need of instruction in offroad driving techniques though  Embarassed
aroscow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch (for the tree and the bumper)

Bumper looks impressive!
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite arty really Wink

Will see how much can be straightened out at the weekend...
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

That silver birch was fairly meaty to be driving over, Gav.  Razz

Its trunk must've been 8" in diameter so I'm very surprised and impressed that there wasn't any more damage! Just shows to go how tough these yota's are Cool

Good luck with the hammer this weekend, let's do it again sometime.

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a steel bumper coming on..

C
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink  Indeed you do sir Smile

Maybe sommat loike this...
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait til you see tonight's/tomorrow's post of the 'temporary' bumper...   Shocked
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I forgot to post the hydrofoil design piccies...

Ha ha ha ha!!!

I have been busy this morning trying to work out how my new bumper will be built & have chopped the hydrofoil about a bit to get the new Goodwinch sitting in there to measure up...

I was a bit constrained as to what I could do with the metal available as I had already chopped the hydrofoil up a bit last weekend...

But, I think I know where I'm going with this now so watch this space Wink

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: