Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A very rare picture!!!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
African Drifter

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:29    Post subject: Happy for you Reply with quote

Hi BigSi

Glad its working out for you buddy!
Hope they can sort it out promptly so you can be back on the road again.

Keep in touch.

African Drifter
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BigSi
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I’ve finally got my baby back!!!! A new thermostat and some fresh liquids, and she is all better! And it cost a lot less than I thought it would!

Thanks for all the great info and posts from all you great people out there! wav

PS: Am I allowed to name the garage?
African Drifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36    Post subject: looking in Reply with quote

Hi BigSi

Been a while,...
                  ... just looking in to know if your cruiser is still running well and that all is in order?
Confused  Confused  Confused

African Drifter
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy days!!
Bazman63

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I haven't been on the forum much recently, but I read this thread with more than a little interest. I have the same problem gas pressurising the cooling system and over heating etc.

My local garage has told me that it'll cost around £2000 to repair but they wouldn't do the work anyway.

So at the risk of high jacking the thread , I'd like to ask if anyone knows a garage that will do the work in or around London. I'm at my wits end as I had a trip planned for Morocco later in the year.

Thanks in advance.

Glad to hear your back on the road, SI.
Bazman63

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or I could just pay more attention to the rest of the forum and actually look in the right place. DOH!
ozzymondo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 16:19    Post subject: head trouble Reply with quote

If you guys didn't live so far away i know just the man to sort head trouble out but he lives in Doncaster , had a perforated head a few years ago on my collie due to coolant loss 6 months earlier  Embarassed , anyway i baught the new head from a company in London based on a part ex and my mechanic came and did the whole thing on my drive  Laughing , the total cost was around £800 , toyota wanted £2000 just to strip it down and identify  Mad , i would have prob cost me nearer £4000 if i had gone down that route and to be honest the truck wasnt even worth that , great news regarding the thermostat  Laughing , mark.
downhilldude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think if it was a landrover it wouldn't be off the lorry!  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: