2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mechanics in Ireland (Galway)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olivergt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Mechanics in Ireland (Galway) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I will need my Front axle/CV's doing shortly, and although I would love to attempt them myself, I can't afford to have the vehicle off the road for any length of time and I don't often get 3-4 hours spare to work on each side.

Anyone know a good mechanic on the West Coast of Ireland (Galway or within a reasonable distance) who know's 80's and would do a good job?

Alternatively, any of you out there on the West Coast who have done it yourselves and fancy doing another one? I'm great at making Tea and might even be able to stretch to a biscuit or two...

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Oliver.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

des johnston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i spend most of my time in mayo i just recently purchased a 80 series the cv needs to be done my son is a mechanic so im gonna get him to do it for me.
olivergt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des,

Thanks for the update, let me know how your son gets on with them.

I was grabbed in my work car park today by someone who wants to buy mine, refused point blank, turns out he is a volvo truck mechanic and would be delighted to do my CV's, obviously I'm a bit dubious about a man off the street, but he did seem genuine enough, he was diving an Isuzu Trooper 2.8D.

Making progress slowly, I wouldn't be expecting to do mine for another month or so.

I could do a trip to Mayo if I had to, not too far, I am the right side of Galway anyway.

(might not be on here for a week or so, very busy at home!)

Oliver.
olivergt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des,

How did you and your son get on with the CV's?

I'm still trying to sort out getting mine done, hopefully in the next month or so.

Oliver.
Dirty1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get sorted with the cv joint ?

If you don't mind a spin to dublin I can change it for you , not to hard to do  Wink
olivergt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty1

I'm still not sorted yet, what can you do for me? Dublin is not too bad now with the Motorway.

I can send you a message with my phone number and we can try and work something out it you want.

I'm not sure exactly what needs doing, but probably the following:

New CV's - Clicking on full lock now quite regularly.
New Wheel bearings, definitely on one side as the Inner Oil seal has definitely gone.
Front diff Oil Change.

Oliver.
Dirty1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sort out any job you want done on your 80 . If you want to give me a call on 086-6688844 or drop me an email at ballybanemotors@gmail.com  and we can sort out what you want to get done .

Regards ,
Stephen  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: