2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2nd reversing light & fog light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g8ape
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 23:09    Post subject: 2nd reversing light & fog light Reply with quote

Ive just managed to drill the blank O/S/R light cluster and fit a bulb holder to wire in an offside reversing light (it always looked odd with only 1 light).
Ive also fitted a 2nd bulb holder in the N/S/R for a 2nd fog light (although the wires are there behind the cluster there is no voltage) does anyone know where the connection needs to be made, I have an Australian manual that shows 2 fog lights but I guess only one is connected for the UK LC Colorados. Mines a 2002 tdi.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 23:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

GB2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 23:25    Post subject: Re: 2nd reversing light & fog light Reply with quote

g8ape wrote:
Ive just managed to drill the blank O/S/R light cluster and fit a bulb holder to wire in an offside reversing light (it always looked odd with only 1 light).
Ive also fitted a 2nd bulb holder in the N/S/R for a 2nd fog light (although the wires are there behind the cluster there is no voltage) does anyone know where the connection needs to be made, I have an Australian manual that shows 2 fog lights but I guess only one is connected for the UK LC Colorados. Mines a 2002 tdi.

I have a Prado Grande imported from Australia, currently trying to install rear fog lights to make UK compliant.  No wiring harness internally ( or simply cant find it ) for the switch so struggling to connect the switch to the lights etc.  

Does you Aussie manual show any wiring diagrams for wiring up rear fog lights ?

Any advice or guidance appreciated.
g8ape
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43    Post subject: Fog light Reply with quote

Hi there,
I have looked through the manual and although there is nothing listed under the heading "lights" there is a wiring diagram that shows a "rear fog light switch" this is linked to the headlight relay via wire colour code R-BK (red black), the fog light wire colour code R-Y (red yellow) is shown leading to a box marked JC, I assume this is a junction box/dual connection.

This junction shows 2 R-Y wires leading to 2 fog lights, the negative side of the light is marked W-BK (white black).
So I assume your looking for R-Y (red yellow) +12v and W-BK (black white) ground/negative wires behind the rear light cluster.
A couple of questions:

1. Does your car have a factory fitted rear fog light switch?

2. My UK spec 2002 D4D Colorado has an additional fog light reflector moulded within the rear quarter mounted O/S lght   cluster, can you see an additional reflector in each or both of yours?

If you dont have a factory fog light swith then I think its safe to assume that the wiring side of things is likely to be quite involved to retro fit.
That said if you can find the unused wires behind the rear light cluster then I assume the looms are the same for "with and without" fog light vechiles.

Obviously without the additional reflectors the light clusters will not emit a sufficiently bright light.

I hope this is of some help. Im happy to try and help further.

Good luck!
GB2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Re: Fog light Reply with quote

g8ape wrote:
Hi there,
I have looked through the manual and although there is nothing listed under the heading "lights" there is a wiring diagram that shows a "rear fog light switch" this is linked to the headlight relay via wire colour code R-BK (red black), the fog light wire colour code R-Y (red yellow) is shown leading to a box marked JC, I assume this is a junction box/dual connection.

This junction shows 2 R-Y wires leading to 2 fog lights, the negative side of the light is marked W-BK (white black).
So I assume your looking for R-Y (red yellow) +12v and W-BK (black white) ground/negative wires behind the rear light cluster.
A couple of questions:

1. Does your car have a factory fitted rear fog light switch?

2. My UK spec 2002 D4D Colorado has an additional fog light reflector moulded within the rear quarter mounted O/S lght   cluster, can you see an additional reflector in each or both of yours?

If you dont have a factory fog light swith then I think its safe to assume that the wiring side of things is likely to be quite involved to retro fit.
That said if you can find the unused wires behind the rear light cluster then I assume the looms are the same for "with and without" fog light vechiles.

Obviously without the additional reflectors the light clusters will not emit a sufficiently bright light.

I hope this is of some help. Im happy to try and help further.

Good luck!

The Landcruiser is originally delivered with simple red reflectors in the location of the fog lights in the rear bumper.  I have now replaced these with actual red fog lights which plugged directly into wiring harness as part of original factory wiring.

The problem is that there does not appear to be a wiring harness/plug to recieve the fog light switch behind the switch panel.

Any chance you can scan the diagram and forward I can give you may email address if this is possible.
g8ape
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 14:39    Post subject: Fog lights contd... Reply with quote

I dont have a scanner. I bought my manual on e bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: