4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HJ61

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolterg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 14:38    Post subject: HJ61 Reply with quote

I am looking for a technical good HJ61 or at least the 12HD-T motor and transfer case.
Can you give me some tips where to look, or do you know somebody who has such kind of car?

I would appreciate the help!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 14:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the 12HT engine your looking for? The 1HD T is a later model.
Your on the WWW ,so your location is useful.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
wolterg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

roscoFJ73 wrote:
Thats the 12HT engine your looking for? The 1HD T is a later model.
Your on the WWW ,so your location is useful.

Your right, it’s the 12HT motor I am looking for.
And my location is the Netherlands, so I am aiming to find something in the UK, or a good Japan fully loaded HJ61 would be nice Very Happy
Are there in Australia many HJ61 with factory locking diff's?
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,I dont have any leads on HJ61 or 12HT engines.
Your reasons for wanting an engine or complete vehicle havent been stated.

My advice is to find an 80 series with the 1HD T engine. I doubt the purchase price will be much different but the availabilty of the 80 series gives you so much more choice.
On top of that the newest HJ61 will be 20+ years old and this engine was only in production in limited countries for a short time.
Spare parts are almost non existant for the 12HT ,while many of the parts for the 1HD T are still being made.
The 80 series was so much more rust resistant to the 60 series and drove nicer on its coil springs

Not many aussie models had a diff locks and nearly all the HJ61 here have a 400000+ klm on the clock.
Engines that have been rebuilt go for around $8000AUD exchange and used engines can be from $2000-$6000 with unknown klms

They were a great 4wd in their day but unless you are a "dyed in the wool" enthusiast,its easier to move on to something newer.

If you do find an engine,remember to ask if it is 12 volt or 24 volt.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
MikeB2MR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:02    Post subject: 1988 HJ61 Tubo Diesel Reply with quote

hi noticed your post here is my E mail if you want to contact me i will send you pictures details'
This has all the spec you mention low mileage full record all work done. no rust interested?
Back2myroots@gmail.com .  Mike
priffe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a hoard of Dutch dealers buying all the 60 series they can get a hand on here. If you put out an ad on a Swedish website with a HJ60 for sale, you'll be talking with a Dutchman in 15 minutes max.
Not much interest from Swedish buyers.
The 70 series seems to go to Germany. Still some BJ75 to find in Sweden. And a few HJ60 (very few turbo cars).
They are all very rusty though. Most of them beyond repair, frame-wise, me thinks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: